The Department is located in the main block. Apart from sufficient infrastructure, broadband connectivity is available in all the laboratories. The department provides extensive computing resources for research and education.
To cater to the growing demand of software professionals from global Organizations, Sri Mittapalli College of Engineering (SMCE) has set up CSE branch in 2006 with an initial intake of 60 and to 180 in the following years. A post graduate course also has been introduced in the year 2010 in CSE, in 2011 in SE and in 2012 CS. The department is equipped with most-modern, spacious and fully air-condition computer lab where students hone their skills. The facilities at the labs include personal computers with the most recent processors which are connected to the internet for the reference purpose of students. The labs have been invested with all the authentic software applications. The other features include an LCD projector to bring alive the classes and for seminar needs as well as UPS for uninterrupted use during power cuts.
Objectives of the department
- To be the best computing department in the region.
- To be a research centric department, where focus is to innovate, invent and discover.
- To ensure a continuous value addition to all students and staff in the department.
- To further strengthen collaborations and establish bonds with industry and research centers.
- To create portfolios of students which showcase student works thereby increasing placements prospects and give them a competitive edge.
- To make students write certifications like CCNA, SUN, OCP, MTA etc.
B.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering) in the year 2006 with an initial intake of 60 and to 180 in the following years.
- M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering) in the year 2010 with an initial intake of 18.
- M.Tech (Software Engineering) in the year 2011 with an initial intake of 18.
- M.Tech (Computer Science) in the year 2012 with an initial intake of 18.